After a year of hardcore development, sqlmap 0.9 is out!
sqlmap is an open source penetration testing tool that automates the process of detecting and exploiting SQL injection flaws and taking over of database servers. It comes with a kick-ass detection engine, many niche features for the ultimate penetration tester and a broad range of switches lasting from database fingerprinting, over data fetching from the database, to accessing the underlying file system and executing commands on the operating system via out-of-band connections.
- Rewritten SQL injection detection engine
- Support to directly connect to the database without passing via a SQL injection, -d switch
- Added full support for both time-based blind SQL injection and error-based SQL injection techniques
- Implemented support for SQLite 2 and 3
- Implemented support for Firebird
- Implemented support for Microsoft Access, Sybase and SAP MaxDB
- Added support to tamper injection data with –tamper switch
- Added automatic recognition of password hashes format and support to crack them with a dictionary-based attack
- Added support to fetch unicode data
- Added support to use persistent HTTP(s) connection for speed improvement, –keep-alive switch
- Implemented several optimization switches to speed up the exploitation of SQL injections
- Support to parse and test forms on target url, –forms switch
- Added switches to brute-force tables names and columns names with a dictionary attack, –common-tables and –common-columns.