The Security Auditor’s Research Assistant (SARA) is a third generation network security analysis tool that is:
1. Operates under Unix, Linux, MAC OS/X or Windows (through coLinux) OS’.
2. Integrates the National Vulnerability Database (NVD).
3. Performs SQL injection tests.
4. Performs exhaustive XSS tests
5. Can adapt to many firewalled environments.
6. Support remote self scan and API facilities.
7. Used for CIS benchmark initiatives
8. Plug-in facility for third party apps
9. CVE standards support
10. Enterprise search module
11. Standalone or daemon mode
12. Free-use open SATAN oriented license
13. Updated twice a month (we try)
14. User extension support
15. Based on the SATAN model
The first generation assistant, the Security Administrator’s Tool for Analyzing Networks (SATAN) was developed in early 1995. It became the benchmark for network security analysis for several years. However, few updates were provided and the tool slowly became obsolete in the growing threat environment.
More Info :