HoneyDrive is a virtual appliance (OVA) with Xubuntu Desktop 12.04 32-bit edition installed. It contains various honeypot software packages such as Kippo SSH honeypot, Dionaea malware honeypot, Honeyd low-interaction honeypot and more. Additionally it includes useful pre-configured scripts and utilities to analyze, visualize and process the data it can capture, such as Kippo-Graph, Honeyd-Viz, and much more. Lastly, many other helpful security, forensics and malware related tools are also present in the distribution.
- Virtual appliance based on Xubuntu 12.04 Desktop
- Distributed as a single OVA file, ready to be imported
- Full LAMP stack installed (Apache 2, MySQL 5), plus tools such as phpMyAdmin
- Kippo SSH Honeypot, plus Kippo-Graph, Kippo2MySQL and other helpful scripts
- Dionaea malware honeypot, plus phpLiteAdmin and other helpful scripts
- Honeyd low-interaction honeypot, plus Honeyd2MySQL, Honeyd-Viz and other helpful scripts
- LaBrea sticky honeypot, Tiny Honeypot, IIS Emulator, INetSim and SimH
- A full suite of security, forensics and anti-malware tools for network monitoring, malicious shellcode and PDF analysis, such as ntop, p0f, EtherApe, nmap, DFF, Wireshark, ClamAV, ettercap, Automater, UPX, pdftk, Flasm, pdf-parser, Pyew, dex2jar and more
- Firefox plugins pre-installed, plus extra helpful software such as GParted, Terminator, VYM, Xpdf and more
Installation: After downloading the file, you simply have to import the virtual appliance to your virtual machine manager/hypervisor (suggested software: Oracle VM VirtualBox).
More Info: HoneyDrive – BruteForce Lab’s Blog