Posts tagged: Tips
Steps to find who is invisible or blocked you on gtalk :
1) Download & Install Pidgin
Click here to download Pidgin chat client. If you already have Pidgin installed, you may skip this step.
2) Configure Pidgin for Gtalk
You’ll probably start with the below screen. Click the Add button. “Accounts -> Manage Account” will also bring you to the same screen. Let’s add Gtalk to Pidgin.
Clicking Add will allow you to add new Gtalk account. The following two screenshots show what you need to fill up for Basic and Advance tab.
With all the settings properly entered, you should be able to connect to Gtalk and load your contacts successfully.
3) Find Who’s Blocking You
When someone blocked you in Gtalk (and other IMs), they appear offline just like your other contacts who are really offline. Right click, click on Get Info, and we’ll see how to differentiate them.
The following image is a comparison of 2 different contacts: Actual offline (left) and Blocked offline (right). If you are blocked, nothing will display under Buddy Information.
Thats all. Now you can easily find out who is really offline and who is blocking you from google chat.
Sitemeter, one of the best traffic counter for websites/blogs, it shows online users, Referrals (From where people coming to your site), country locations, browser etc etc.. all in detail.
This counter is visible to all visitors.
Invisible Counters (Tracker) is available for Premium Accounts Only…!
But you can easily hack to hide it.
Its just few setting changes which will work fine.
1) Login into your sitemeter account.
2) Go to ‘Manager’ from top menu.
3) Go to ‘Meter Style’ option from left hand menu.
4) Select 2nd last meter style (Counter, which shows simple numbers).
5) Now in “DIGIT COLOR” select ‘Transparent’, Similarly in “BACKGROUND COLOR” select ‘Transparent’.
Now your sitemeter counter is invisible from normal eyes in your site
Place it anywhere in your website/blog, and track your traffic, users.
Microsoft’s Error Reporting in windows sometimes is disturbing, most of us don’t want to send that error report because it’s of no use.
There’s an easy way to disable Microsoft error report in windows.
Disable Microsoft Error report in Windows XP :
1) Open Control Panel (Start > Control Panel)
2) Open the Problem Reports & Solutions applet Under advanced options and disable error reporting.
Disable Microsoft Error report in Windows Vista :
1) Right click on my computer (Desktop) and click properties
2) Click the Advanced Tab
3) You’ll see a “Error reporting” button at the bottom, click it
4) Select Disable Error Reporting.
And you’re done….!
TeaShark, a mobile browser like Opera Mini, allow you to access Airtel GPRS for FREE.
Shockingly it has nothing to do with modifying any Airtel settings or any kind of hack.
Here is how I used this…
* Download TeaShark v. 312. Its free and being JAR file it can be installed on most handsets.
* Open it from your mobile and select AirTel Live as access point.
* That’s it! Open any site from TeaShark and you won’t be charged anything.
Note for the first time, when TeaShark starts, it may take more than one minute to initialize. Also this one time initialization may fail many times. But don’t loose your heart!
As of now, this trick is limited to handsets only.
Note : “Subscribe to Packet Data First”
This means you need to activate AirTel Live service which is free.
Contact customer care to get it activated.
Also select only AirTel Live as access point when prompted by TeaShark.
Download TeaShark :