Wifiphisher is a security tool that mounts fast automated phishing attacks against WPA networks in order to obtain the secret passphrase. It is a social engineering attack that unlike other methods it does not include any brute forcing. It is an easy way for obtaining WPA credentials.
From the victim’s perspective, the attack makes use in three phases:
1] Victim is being deauthenticated from her access point: Wifiphisher continuously jams all of the target access point’s wifi devices within range by sending deauth packets to the client from the access point, to the access point from the client, and to the broadcast address as well.
2] Victim joins a rogue access point: Wifiphisher sniffs the area and copies the target access point’s settings. It then creates a rogue wireless access point that is modeled on the target. It also sets up a NAT/DHCP server and forwards the right ports. Consequently, because of the jamming, clients will start connecting to the rogue access point. After this phase, the victim is MiTMed.
3] Victim is being served a realistic router config-looking page: Wifiphisher employs a minimal web server that responds to HTTP & HTTPS requests. As soon as the victim requests a page from the Internet, wifiphisher will respond with a realistic fake page that asks for WPA password confirmation due to a router firmware upgrade.
― Kali Linux
― Two wireless network interfaces, one capable of injection.
Wifiphisher works on Kali Linux and is licensed under the MIT license.
More Info: sophron/wifiphisher – GitHub
Joomscan, Joomla Security Scanner is now updated to 611 vulnerabilities database.
In Joomscan you can check for new updates with command: ./joomscan.pl check or ./joomscan.pl update
Joomla! is probably the most widely-used CMS out there due to its flexibility, user-friendlinesss, extensibility to name a few. So, watching its vulnerabilities and adding such vulnerabilities as KB to Joomla scanner takes ongoing activity. It will help web developers and web masters to help identify possible security weaknesses on their deployed Joomla! sites. No web security scanner is dedicated only one CMS.
- Exact version Probing
- Common Joomla! based web application firewall detection
- Searching known vulnerabilities of Joomla! and its components
- Reporting to Text & HTML output
- Immediate update capability via scanner or svn
Perl 5.6 or up
Detects and protects from all kinds of ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) related attacks in Wi-Fi networks, like DOS (Denial Of Service) or MITM (Man In The Middle) Attack.
Protects your phone from tools like FaceNiff, Cain & Abel, ANTI, ettercap, DroidSheep, NetCut, and all others that try to hijack your session via MITM through ARP spoofing / ARP poisoning.
– Uses very few resources
– Uses no resources if Wi-Fi is disabled
– Nearly zero battery consumption
– Requires very few permissions. Requests only absolutely necessary permissions
– No configuration required, works off the shelf for novices
– Experts can change many settings to adapt the app to their needs
– Undetectable by the bad guy
– 100% silent and passive inside the network. Generates no noise
– Highly customizable notifications
– Plays ringtone on attack (optional)
– Vibrates in a given pattern on attack (optional)
– Easy to use one-click-interface as well as detailed network view for experts
– “Immunity” protects you without disabling Wi-Fi (root required)
– Can also disable Wi-Fi if you don’t have root access to your phone
– Logging of all spoofing attempts with details about the network and the attacker
– Works in complex wireless LANs, like vWLAN and WDS (please see FAQ)
– Detects networks already under attack
– Automatic countermeasures